Signs of an Alcohol Problem: Have My Rights Been Violated?

Question by : Have my rights been violated?
I am a single mother of two and work for a retail jewelry chain in CA where I was accused of a drinking problem. I was not intoxicated, nor did I have alcohol on the premises, nor was I asked to leave work. I was told I have to speak to a psychologist and sign papers stating I could be fired if I did not finish the necessary steps to fix this “problem”. The psychologist stated, in a signed letter, that I do not have an alcohol problem. He did say that I am going through a lot of stress and it would be helpful if I talked to someone to relieve this stress. My sales numbers have been within the top three sales persons since I was hired. This morning when I went to clock in my manager notified me that I am suspended until further notice for not completing the steps to fix this problem. Isn’t this illegal to make me see a psychologist for an unrelated issue, as well as fraud since I kept my end of the signed papers?
Just got off the phone with the ACLU as well as the CA Labor Board, both of which recommended I seek legal council immediately. After talking with both agencies they both agree I have a case. Thanks for absolutely nothing.

Best answer:

Answer by roadster9879
get a good lawyer, you can own them, and then you can fire who ever you want. make them eat a mile of manure with a spoon.

Add your own answer in the comments!

'Everywhere and in every walk of life'; Humboldt County's growing heroin problem
Filed under: signs of an alcohol problem

… compared to 42 of the self-referred clients during the two-year period. Another 68 court-referred clients and 40 self-referred clients left the program with a satisfactory progress determination, meaning they did not complete the program but were …


Feature: The high school hangover
Filed under: signs of an alcohol problem

A change in friends, physical complaints such as fatigue, a decreased interest in school, a drop in grades or withdrawing from the family are all signs that your child may have an alcohol problem. Consult your child's pediatrician to rule out …


Find More Signs Of An Alcohol Problem Information…